Little Duck’s Adventureland – Order in the World
Early childhood mathematics education programme for preschool by Prof. Preiss
Quack, quack, quack! Here comes Little Duck! In Little Duck’s Adventureland, children between 2 ½ and 4 years old make many new discoveries about the world around them and learn basic mathematics concepts in a playful way. Prof. Preiss developed this holistic mathematics programme to meet the growing demand for high-quality early childhood education.
The main aims of the programme are to enable children to recognize structure and find order in the world. Specific activities include sorting colours and two and three dimensional shapes, and ordering objects according to height or weight. Children are introduced to dice and dot representations of the numbers one to six. These topics are featured in six stories about Little Duck. The stories are available in the form of beautifully illustrated children’s books. Mathematics concepts are thus taught in ways that are related to the fantasy landscape and the lives of children.
When children leave Adventureland they can deepen and extend their knowledge in the follow-up programme Discoveries in Numberland.
News and Events
- 22.09.2018: Teacher Training Numberland Prof. Preiß - Early Math Development - 22179 Hamburg
- 21.09.2018: Teacher Training Numberland Prof. Preiß - Early Math Development - 38446 Wolfsburg
- 01.07.2017: Teacher Training in Hamburg: Little Duck’s Adventureland – Order in the World - Part 1
- 17.06.2017: Teacher Training in Hamburg: Numberland Prof. Preiß - Early Math Development
- 05.04.2017: Teacher Training in Berlin: Numberland Prof. Preiß - Early Math Development